Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Card A Week Challenge #1 and # 2

Hope this is finds you having a wonderful week so far. It’s been okay here…not great…I have a friend who is going through some major health issues now and am worried about her. I feel helpless in knowing what to do for her except be there and keep her in my prayers.


It’s a cloudy gloomy kind of winter day here. We had a little rain last night and we hopefully will get more this evening. Since it’s in the 50’s and the overnight low was in the 40’s it’s rain and not snow. So, since we need the rain badly I am not complaining about it. Even if it brings gloomy cloudy days…a good excuse to stay indoors and get some crafting done.

We are in our 2nd week of the New Year and one of my challenges to myself for the New Year is to make at least one card a week. That doesn’t mean 52 cards at the end of the year…which would equal out to one a week but actually one a week. Hopefully, I will make far more than 52 cards this year.

For week one of “my challenge” is a couple of cards (yes a couple) I made from kits that the scrapbook store (you can find her on facebook...Simply Scrapbooks in Claremore, OK)   I go to put together. I actually put together about 5 kits the other night but will only post this one or two….Can you tell what I did different with the card on the left? I thought this was a really cute card and one I will use as inspiration for another. I need to find out who made that stamp because I think it is really cute.



The 2nd card I made this afternoon for a challenge on one of the closed craft groups I belong to on facebook. We were to use scraps…sounds easy enough….but, everything we used we had to of had for at least 3 months. So, I went into my scrap bag and pulled a few sheets out….and came up with this. I actually used another card kit from the scrapbook store for inspiration. I don’t know if I really like the white back ground though. But, I couldn’t figure out what other color to use.



Now, another challenge I have made myself for this year is to start doing some of those projects from Pinterest that I have been pinning for months now. Whether it’s a paper craft , sewing, gardening or something else I am going to do at least one of them a month. Hopefully, more…I am saying one a month because some will take some time….I have another facebook craft group that has challenged us this month to do an altered project from a pin we have pinned on Pinterest. So, that came at a great time! Now, to just figure out which one to start on!

Until next time

Hugs

T

3 comments:

Noma said...

Very cute card Terry! I love all the paper flags! I like the white BG! But you could emboss a design on it like dots or even butterflys. Just a thought!

Noma said...

Very cute card Terry! I love all the paper flags! I like the white BG! But you could emboss a design on it like dots or even butterflys. Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

Love the owls and the banner card is darling! You could always emboss the white background for more detail, but it's super cute as is!!

Jacque

http://www.stampjuice.wordpress.com