Thursday, January 24, 2013

Challenges!

I missed posting last week...but I did get a card made...it was for a challenge on one my my facebook groups.  It was to use fibers...no problem right?  Since I love ribbon and use it on allot of my cards.  But....there was a catch it was suppose to be something we hadn't used or tried in the last 3 months....so I had been wanting to make a flower using ribbon.  Decided this was the time do so...plus, it was another thing that I had  "pinned".....so that took care of another "personal" challenge for me....


That was last weeks card...and this week I did another challenge which was to make a non tradtional Valentine....I also got the inpseration for this card on another pin...I stayed away from the trational red, pink, white Valentine colors and used craft along with some black and aqua....I also stayed away from the tradtional heart as the main focal point with the old timey sewing machine but had to add a heart (what's a Valentine without a heart?) somewhere so I added it with the ribbon.


One last card(s) to share...The A-Z swap I am on is up to letter D for this month but last months was "C" for chicken...which was right up my alley for sure...the only thing is I have so many stamps, images etc...that I wanted to use...I finally decided to use a cricut die cut...the local scrapbook store I go to had some card kits awhile back using die cuts of differant farm animals.  I had been wanting to try my hand at them for awhile so I decided to try my version with this swap.  So simple....I had to do 8 and since it was in December I was running low on red ribbon and so I had to use up several types of red ribbon I had on hand...I like how they turned out.  Plan to make more with differant "farm" animals.  But, I think I will add another layer...maybe even use an embossing folder for the back ground...



That's it for today!  Thanks for visiting my blog...please try back again soon....I am trying to "blog" more.  Maybe sometime in the near future offer up some blog candy....I have a reason for it...just need to get some "candy" together to offer! 

Hugs T

1 comment:

Clare said...

So neat! That ribbon flower is so cool! And I just love those rooster cards!