Sunday, January 6, 2013

Some Recent Projects

It's hard to believe that it's another new year...but, it is...I hope you have a healthy, happy and creative new year...I don't make resolutions really but I have given myself challenges for the year...To begin with I hope to be more creative this year than I was last. Some things I plan to be more creative with are to make at least one card a week...that doesn't sound too hard to do does it?  But, that means one card a week...not three this week and nothing for another three weeks...I want to make one card a week.  For a real challenge I should say more than that but I will leave it at one for the moment....So, if I make one card a week then I should blog once a week too...right?  We will see....

I don't have a card for you to see today but I will share a couple of Christmas gifts I made for my friend Gaye.  I "met" Gaye online on a craft group forum...we have kept in touch from one group to another.  Now, we are on at least one craft group on facebook.  So, we have done "swaps" before.  From Secret Sister to just one on one swap.  This year we decided to do a Not So Secret Sister swap on our own.  We decided to make a few things and buy (or find in our multi-crafty stash) a few things.  I loved making the altered tile a few months ago so I decided to do another one but this time make it an 8x8 tile instead.

I started off by cutting the bottom layer to ft the tile.  Then I added some paint around the edges to give it a little more color.  The cowboy boots were on the paper but I decided to cut another pair from an extra piece of paper to add a little depth on that corner.   The "G" was cut with my Cricut cart. Country Life and the boots from Wild West.

I also did her a altered 5 x5  paper meche' box that I had waiting for me to do something with it.  So, this is what I came up with...I like how it came out except for the inside and I think I can do better....


We have decided to make this an annual event.  We don't just stick to paper crafts but crafts in general.  We also both like to browse the 2nd hand stores, flea markets or just plain junk stores for those inexpensive little things.  So, this year we will have the other one in mind when we are our "shopping".

I'll end with an ornament that I made for a different online crafty friend.  We both missed out on joining a Christmas ornament swap on a craft group so we decided we would just do one on our own.  I had been wanting to do one like this from "pinning" it on Pinterest so I decided this was a perfect time to accomplish that.  I loved how it came out so much I made my sister one and myself...

That's my first post of the year!  It is the 6th of January and I haven't made that 1st card of the year yet so I think I will go do that now...

Again I hope y'all have a happy, healthy and creative new year!

Hugs
T

No comments: